Just a few days ago, I was talking about the fantastic iPad companion app for the highly successful Zombicide miniatures game. Yesterday, I received an email about a sequel to the game, as well as an expansion pack that’s compatible with either. Despite clicking on the link as soon as I received it, the funding goal of $25,000 had already been easily met and then some. It seems there’s an awful lot of us literally throwing money at Cool Mini or Not. At the time of writing, it’s reached $620,000 and has already blown 15 or so stretch goals right out the water.
The original Zombicide kickstarter last year ended at $780k, so it’s hard to say they didn’t see this coming. I’ve heard a lot of people regret not backing the original in retrospect because of the sheer number of additional minis that ended up being included. A similar incredible value package is shaping up this time around – here’s what’s currently included at Inmate and above levels.
- Kickstarter exclusive: Brad player character and his zombie counterpart
- 4 more original walkers, 2 more runners, 1 more fatty and 1 abomination
- new player character Thaissa and her zombie
- Skull Tracker for level
- new player character Kirk and his zombie
- set of orange dice
- new Skull first player tracker
- 4 toxic walkers and 4 beserker walkers
- new player character Rose and her zombie
- red dice set
Don’t worry if you missed out on the original, the sequel is a standalone game in it’s own right – or you can pledge at the $220 for the lot (original, sequel, expansion, special dog set + bonuses). Of course, you won’t get the original exclusives and bonuses; so don’t make the same mistake this time!